Who Is Citrus Australia?
In 2008 growers across the country chose to create a new industry peak body, Citrus Australia Ltd. Initially, Citrus Australia began very modestly with an enthusiastic skills-based board, 11 voluntary grower members, and a small team based at Mildura in Victoria.
Today, we are supported by around 250 grower and affiliate members and an expanding Citrus Australia team that provide vital services to the industry.
It’s simple, Citrus Australia is re-energising the Australian citrus industry by increasing demand and value.
We are doing this by focusing on:
- Public Affairs. Actively lobbying, on your behalf, on issues such as water, export market access and development, bio-security and quarantine, industrial relations and truth in labeling.
- Market Access, development and promotion. Breaking down barriers to export markets such as China, South Korea, Thailand, Japan and the United States. Facilitating new National Internal Maturity Standards for the whole of industry. Developing more effective domestic promotion programs, such as the ‘Give Me a Mandy Mum’ campaign trialed in 2010.
- Information. Providing information on plantings, crop forecasts and weekly market distribution through InfoCitrus.
- Communication. Using Citrus Australia’s key regional personnel, through the popular industry magazine Australian Citrus News, on a new-look interactive website, at regional events and national conferences.
- Biosecurity / plant health. Biosecurity plans, awareness posters, study tours for canker and Huanglongbing.
Grower Membership … what’s in it for me?
As a Grower Member you have the opportunity to ‘own’ and direct Citrus Australia. Not only will you be supporting your peak industry body, you will also receive the following additional benefits:
- You will be the first to hear about any developments in the critical issues facing the industry
- You will receive media releases, newsletters, updates and alerts ahead of the pack
- You will receive personal invitations and notices to all Citrus Australia meetings and events
- You will receive special discounts to all Citrus Australia industry forums and events
- You will have access to the “Members Only” section of the Citrus Australia website
- You will be provided with all key leadership documents produced by Citrus Australia
- You will be eligible to nominate for board and advisory committee positions
Affiliate Membership … what’s in it for me?
As an Affiliate Member, you will receive exclusive value-adds and services including:
- Complimentary subscription to the industry publication Australian Citrus News
- Media releases, newsletters, updates and alerts ahead of the pack
- Personal invitations and notices to all Citrus Australia meetings and events
- Discounts on event registrations, publication advertising rates and sponsorship packages
- Acknowledgement as an Affiliate Member on the Citrus Australia website